Read to Succeed is now available for parents to use from home!
Motivate your children to read at home by using Read to Succeed. Set a reading goal for the month and challenge them to read everyday to be able meet their goal!
What is Read to Succeed?
Read to Succeed is a FREE easy-to-implement literacy initiative to help motivate children to read on a daily basis through incentives and rewards.
How does Read to Succeed work?
- Set a reading goal for your child (pages read, minutes read, books read) and encourage them to practice their reading everyday to reach their goal.
What you need to do
- Set your children’s reading goal here!
- Track your child’s progress with our online reading tracker or download and print your own Sparty Reading Tracker for your child to fill in and see their progress.
- At the end of the month, make sure you submit your child’s accomplishment on the online portal.
For every month a child reaches their goal, they will receive an entry into the draw held on April 7th for Senators prizes!
Time Frames for Sens in School at Home Read to Succeed
- March 20- Set a reading goal with your child
- March 31- Submit your goal progress via the online tracker
- April 1- Set another reading goal with your child
- April 6- Submit your goal progress via the online tracker
*These time frames align with the Read to Succeed tracker being set on a monthly goal tracker.
**If school closures continue past April 6, the Sens in School team will continue to offer the Read to Succeed home version for all parents and children.
IN CLASS USE OF READ TO SUCCEED
Read to Succeed is an easy-to-implement literacy initiative presented free of charge to help motivate students to read on a daily basis through incentives and rewards while reinforcing the importance of reading among elementary school students.
Through the program, each month educators can set a reading goal for their class that is challenging, yet achievable. Goals may be the number of books, the number of pages read or the number of minutes depending on the classroom and educator. Once the reading goal is achieved during the month, educators may report on the classroom’s success by indicating the goal was reached through the Sens In School classroom homepage, automatically entering the class to win one of the program’s monthly prizes including class visits by Senators mascot Spartacat, for his fun and infamous “Sparty Parties.”
How does Read to Succeed work?
- Set a class reading goal each month to align with your classes reading objectives
- At the start of each month, teachers will receive an email requesting the classes’ reading goal for that month.
- Report on your classes’ successes each month to be entered into our monthly draw
- At the end of each month, a second email will be sent to confirm that the reading goal was achieved.
What can your class win?
- A Sparty party featuring a pizza lunch, games, and prizes courtesy of Pizza Pizza, and Ottawa Senators.
- The possibility to have a visit from a member of the Ottawa Senators or Ottawa Senators Alumni.
- … and much more!